Permanent Resident

Many workers and employers find a mutual interest in changing the status of a foreign national employee from non immigrant to lawful permanent resident entitled to stay in the United States indefinitely, with or without eventual naturalization.

If you need an attorney’s counsel about your right to adjust your status or apply for permanent residence while holding a non immigrant work visa, get the advice of a skilled attorney by contacting the Law Office of Adam Sanders in New York City today.

PERM Labor Certification Process Can Help You Achieve Immigrant Status

Most people in the U.S. on work visas arrive without any expectation of permanent residence here, and their visas reflect this fact. After a few years of successful life and work here, however, many H-1B visa holders and their employers become interested in changing the worker’s status.

The PERM labor certification process is the first step in the ultimate goal of permanent residence/”green card”.. The PERM procedures are complex, but essentially require a showing to the United States Department of Labor that you are offering a permanent job at prevailing wages, there is not a U.S. citizen workers qualified to meet the demand of your occupation.

Once this is certified by the Department of Labor, the employer must then petition the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service that they have a qualified worker. It must be demonstrated that the employer has the ability to pay and the employee is qualified for the position. You must still be eligible to adjust status in the United States or return home. The knowledgeable immigration attorneys at our firm can help you navigate this process and assist your employer Once you are a lawful permanent resident, the next natural step would be to apply for U.S. citizenship if that is your ultimate desired goal.

Our law firm has software that lets us check the availability of particular visas and see whether processing backlogs could delay your case. We also review your case carefully to see whether you qualify for any alternative grounds for permanent residence, such as a family relationship or for an EB visa, which can be granted to those who are in the entertainment industry..

An experienced immigration lawyer can help holders of non immigrant work visas, find the quickest available path to a green card through the PERM certification process or alternative approaches to adjustment of status or immigrant visa processing.. For additional information, contact the Law Office of Adam Sanders in New York City.